The Decoverly Community Association pool is located at 10000 Vanderbilt Circle. It is open during season to all residents of member associations. Passes are required.
The pool will be open 7 days a week:
- Monday through Friday – 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays – 12:00 p.m. to 8:00
For 2022, the Decoverly Community Association will be using a new software system, People Track, for entry into the pool.
A valid registration must be on file so that the lifeguards can look up your name and address when you check in.
Paper passes will not be used for the 2022 season.
All members must complete an application for approved entry, even if you have a pool pass from prior years.
2022 DECOVERLY COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION SWIMMING POOL RULES
Agreement to Rules
- All persons using the pool agree to abide by these Rules and Regulations and will be held responsible for all actions of their children and guests.
- All members must access dcainfo.org to complete their registration for pool entry. Paper passes will not be used for the 2022 season.
Limit of Liability
- Use of the pool is at the user’s own risk and sole responsibility.
- Decoverly Community Association and the pool management company assume no liability or responsibility for injury or damage to person or property arising from use of the pool facilities.
- Users agree not to hold the Decoverly Community Association liable for any acts of a natural disaster which might occur in the pool area (such as lightning, etc.).
- The cost of any property damage will be charged to the responsible party.
Pool Admittance & Use
- All pool users must meet the requirements set by the Decoverly Community Association for admittance to the pool (Pool Pass or other proof of eligibility).
- All pool users entering the pool must sign the appropriate attendance logbook at the lifeguard table at the entrance to the pool.
- Unauthorized persons found inside the pool enclosure while the pool is closed will lose their privileges for the remainder of the season or the following season, and risk prosecution for trespassing.
- The pool manager and lifeguards shall have the authority to temporarily refuse entry to members or guests if the capacity of the pool has been reached.
- Teenagers and adults who are not proficient swimmers are restricted to the areas of the pool where the water depth is shoulder level or less when flat-footed and may be asked to pass a swim test if they demonstrate questionable swimming skills.
Swimming Pool Personal Hygiene & Attire
- Before entering the pool, persons should take a cleansing shower.
- Persons who have fevers, sore throats, difficulty breathing, new loss of smell or taste, new onset of severe headache, colds, coughs, inflamed eyes, infections, diarrhea, vomiting, open sores or wearing bandages or having any communicable diseases shall not use the pool, pool deck or bath house.
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing the nose and similar unhygienic actions are prohibited in the pool.
- No chewing gum is allowed.
- Swimmers must wear appropriate bathing attire.
- Only appropriate footwear is permitted on the pool deck.
Food & Drink
- NO food or drink is permitted in the pool.
- Water in a plastic bottle may be brought for personal consumption.
- Alcohol and intoxicated persons are not permitted anywhere in pool, pool deck or bath house.
- No glass containers or breakable objects are allowed anywhere in pool, pool deck or bath house.
- A 15-minute break for the lifeguards will be held every hour. Pool use during break time is not permitted.
- No diving.
- No smoking. Lighting, smoking, or carrying a lighted or smoldering cigar, cigarette, pipe, electronic cigarette (e-cig or e-cigarette), personal vaporizer (PV) or electronic nicotine delivery system of any kind are not permitted in the pool, on the pool deck, in the bathhouse or in the courtyard located beside the pool.
- Abusive language, abusive behavior, boisterous or rough play, running, pushing, dunking, excessive splashing and standing or sitting on another’s shoulders is prohibited.
- Toys may be prohibited at the discretion of the lifeguard.
- Wheeled equipment is prohibited on the pool deck (i.e. rollerblades, skateboards).
- Wheelchairs or walkers are permitted.
- Strollers may be prohibited at the discretion of the lifeguard.
- Entrance to the pool office and filter equipment rooms or on the guard stands by unauthorized persons is prohibited.
- Drinking pool water is prohibited.
- Audio equipment must be used with a personal headphone.
- Introduction of dirt, excreta or extraneous matter into the pool is prohibited.
- Users cannot enter the pool who are either temporarily or permanently incontinent, unless such individuals are clothed in diapers and snugly fitting waterproof pants.
- Only lifeguard approved flotation devices are permitted.
- Goggles, masks or personal aquatic exercise equipment is also permitted.
- Swimming aids may not be stored at the pool and must be removed when the user leaves the pool area.
The pool may be closed at the discretion of the Decoverly Community Association, pool manager or lifeguard at any time for reasons including:
- severe weather conditions (heavy rain, lighting, and thunder)
- operational breakdown
- guard availability
- following any mishap that results in feces or vomit in the pool water
Pets & Animals
- Pets and animals are not allowed in the pool, pool deck or bath house area.
- Registered service animal are allowed in the pool deck or bath house area.
- Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an individual who is 18 years of age or older when visiting the pool.
- Children 4 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an individual who is 18 years of age or older within arm’s length when on the pool deck or in the pool.
- Children not toilet trained and those who are incontinent must wear diapers and snugly fitting waterproof pants while in the pool.
- No diaper changing or changing of clothes is permitted on the deck. Diaper changing and clothes changing should be done in the bathrooms.
- Children using the wading pool are the responsibility of the parent(s), not the lifeguards, and must be accompanied by an individual who is 18 years of age or older.
- Users over 5 years of age are not permitted in the wading pool.
- The maximum age of users of the opposite sex allowed in the bathrooms with an individual who is 18 years of age or older will be 6 years old.
- The lifeguards will establish standards for swim tests for children at the pool. The guards will enforce the swim test standard.
- Decoverly Community Association contracts with an independent professional pool management company to manage the pool and related facilities.
- The pool manager and lifeguards are empowered by the Decoverly Community Association
- to interpret and enforce these rules and procedures.
- to dismiss anyone from the pool for any infraction of these rules or when safety is threatened.
- to bar any person from the pool for up to one week for each violation or for the remainder of the season for three violations.
- to confiscate all pool passes from any members cited for a major rule violation.
- Confiscated passes will be returned by the Decoverly Community Association after all violations are corrected.
Subject to Change
- These rules may be changed or amended at any time by the Decoverly Community Association.